WTB 280Z/ZX complete engine/ trans

Im looking for a decent 280 motor and 5 speed to put in my 83 810 Wagon im building, the car was originally a diesel but im swapping to gasoline.

I would like to find a decent F54/N42 combo with some tripple webbersor SU's and a mild cam, but im open to other options as well. Please let me know if i should be more specific with my ad im pretty new to this.

Im really trying to get the ball rolling on this project and i would appreciate any input fellow ratsunr's have. There will be a build thread soon once i get a little further.. Anyways Thanks in advance. Email is probally the best way to get ahold of me, rpoffenbarger@gmail.com ,as i havnt yet learned how my profile or PMing works exactly.

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I have several engines and transmissions available that would work for you. I would also be interested in trading for your diesel engine... :)

the diesel motor isint in there anymore, it got pulled before I got the car.. but I might be interested in one of your motors. what do you have available?

You know If you cab find a N47 (also known as MN47) head from a maxima and slap it on the F54 it would a nice high compression engine.

I had an 81 that had the MN head on it, but it got scrapped when that car got totaled. I should have kept that entire motor but unfortunately it didnt work out like that.

Ive heard that the MN head is too much compression for reliable street use because the chambers are too small and that they would need to be opened up alot to make them safe.

Be sure the oil pick-up tube can be re-routed.The Z is rear sump-the 810/maxima is front sump.

Ive read about converting from front to rear sump, But if I find a maxima pan and pickup tube could I run it as a front sump or would it be better/ beneficial to convert to rear sump?

The rear sump would hit the crossmember you would have to convert the L28 to a front sump you have to take it to a machine shop to get the pickup tube in. Also you will need to find a new place for the dipstick.

Here's a L28 swap thread.

http://forums.maxima.org/1st-2nd-generation-maxima-1981-1984-1985-1988/629989-1st-gen-l28-swap-thread.html

The rear sump would hit the crossmember you would have to convert the L28 to a front sump you have to take it to a machine shop to get the pickup tube in. Also you will need to find a new place for the dipstick.

Here's a L28 swap thread.

http://forums.maxima...wap-thread.html

Thanks for that link thats going to help a lot. i think i actually bought some springs from that guy for my old wagon.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.