quick question

pondking

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You have some kind of suspension now. What qualities do you want?

If the springs are cut too far, it will bottom out often. In that case, get stock 610 springs to replace them, and cut them only a little to lower it not so far.

Exactly, How does you car ride now? What do you like about it? What don't you like? What kind of ride and handling are you looking for?

my cousin says

pretty bumpy like ill feel every imperfection on the road

i like that its lowered a small tad but ill eventually plan for lowering it even more...

i have heard about the 280zx from junkyard on a 510

air bags???

just looking for recommendations

anything that'll help

looking for something that will make my car like me

yea

This is caused by installing stiff springs, or by cutting so far the car is riding on the bump stops.

pretty bumpy like ill feel every imperfection on the road

280ZX springs will make the ride firmer and feel the bumps too.

Just get some stock springs and don't cut them so far. In fact, the stock springs will have the smoothest ride.

You said "pretty bumpy like ill feel every imperfection on the road", so I woudn't recommend 280ZX springs based on that comment. Now if you come back and say "yes, it is riding on the bump stops" then the story changes. So get out to the 610 and look at how much suspension travel it has.

Since it is only "lowered a small tad", it seems unlikely to be riding on the bump stops. Maybe the springs are just too firm. Who knows if they were original 610 springs? They might have been changed to firm ones years ago.

Also check the tires. If they are 40, 45, 50 or 55 series tires, you will feel every imperfection on the road regardess of the springs. If that bothers you, you might like 70 series tires a lot better.

What you hope to achieve and the amount of money you have to do it are the big 2 lol there are lots of options. People have already said the best but not the cheapest.

They sell rubber twist in spacers for springs at the parts store. They are so ghetto but actually work. My bud cut his springs so low he was bottoming out and the ride felt like shit, a few of the rubber inserts solved both problems.... for under 20 bucks.