Once again, L16 race engine

Going to NW Washington for Thanksgiving. Just seeing if anybody wants to buy this engine with free shipping up that direction. Plus I'm buying a different engine thats in Olympia. Selling it will help with other purchase.

Racer brown cam

Forged aluminum piston

High compression

Needs high octane to run

Ran when removed.

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I bought the truck with this engine in it. I ended up dismantling the truck. The engine was built in the mid 80's. the scope I got was that they bored the block and used MG forged pistons and put titanium valves. I took it to shop to have it timed and checked out. I drove it around Canby show in 2011. Since they used old school aluminum pistons, they do slap around until engine gets hotter. Then they quiet down. They were using dual dcoe webers and after market allison ignition. It is high compression but Im not sure what it is. They strongly suggest atleast 110 oct. Even with it being timed right, you still get some blow back through the carbs until operating temps. I do not know the mileage and but no major leaks. Just your normal L series wear. I did notice one valve looks oily looking through port. I also try and get pics of the engine itself but here is an over view. No carbs, alt, starter, only Long block

p_010.jpg

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.