WTB sidedraft parts OR GOOD sidedrafts!...just click & read

Wellp, went to the Eagle Rock meet and picked up some Solex 44's on Sunday. Got home and tore them down only to find nothing but problems. Currently, the biggest problem is the jet block inside the float bowl has been f@#ked with and the threads are gone. Appears that someone may have stripped them out and then tried to drill them out completely.

Anyhow, I am in search for either a good jet block with clean threads, OR a GOOD set of sidedrafts. I want Mikuni's/Solex or SK. Dont want Webers.

Also need the choke assemblies if anyone has them.

YES, I have called about every known carb guy out there, these parts are just not popping up.

Let me know if you can help me out.

Thanks,

-BT

IMG_2218.jpg

IMG_2217.jpg

IMG_2219.jpg

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Never wrong to say SK. It's an awesome brand, rare for the early version I think. I have a set of 40's that I've been buying the rebuild kits and update kit for. Someday, I'll bolt it all on.

Supposedly SK at the time"stole" ideas from both Mikuni/Solex and Weber to make their carbs the best of both worlds. Due to patent infringements or something like that though, the company was sold / regrouped and became part or OER. That's how it was told to me.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.