L16 521 wire harness issues (where'd all my voltage go??)

PHANTOMa

ok so I got an entire wire harness from a 521 with an l16 for my 520 (old one was hammmmmered) and sofar everything was going fine until I got everything put back in and I have zero voltage anywhere....not a single light will turn on....fan....wiper motor not anything....I have voltage at the alternator (duh) but I got nothing in the fuse panel......I normally deal with internally regulated alternators so I'm kinda new to this external voltage regulator thing and that's what I'm assuming is the problem however the one I'm using is from the 520 and I know that one worked..... I'd rather not pay for a new one if I don't have to (ratsun way of life) anyways I was just wondering if anyone else has dealt with this problem cause I'm totally at a loss....thanks dudes

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This is a heavy duty battery cable I made, but is is wired just like a stock 521, from the battery to the fuse box.

FuseboxLead.jpg

This is how power gets fron the alternator to the battery.

AlternatorChargeWire.jpg

Because the wire was not hooked up yet, here it is.

NewRelayB.jpg

The orange wire with the extra fuse goes to an extra headlight relay. This takes head light power out of the stock 521 fuse box, and bypasses cab wiring, that sends current for the headlights into the cab, through the light switch, and back out to the stock headlight relay.

Aw man nice and simple solution!.....so I had a 280z harness I chop up when I need stuff and jus now made basically what you did for the fusebox and fersure! I got power across the board there and my oil and ignition light turn on now so that's a start! And the wipers go too.....not easily though haha they sounded pissed.....still need to track down why I'm not getting power to the parklamps and gauge lights and headlights......annnnd I still need to redo the rear harness too.....geeeesh