FLAT BED EQUIPMENT/CAR TRAILER sold

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Any trailer in WA with a gross weight of 3000# or more must have brakes in WA, and any ones less than that must have brakes if they are more than 40% the weight of the towing vehicle.

Big issue with boat trailers. My old tandem boat trailer was rated at 4000# and didn't have brakes, but somehow made it through the WA inspection without being nabbed. It came from Oregon, which has much less stringent rules.

Any trailer in WA with a gross weight of 3000# or more must have brakes in WA, and any ones less than that must have brakes if they are more than 40% the weight of the towing vehicle.

Big issue with boat trailers. My old tandem boat trailer was rated at 4000# and didn't have brakes, but somehow made it through the WA inspection without being nabbed. It came from Oregon, which has much less stringent rules.

It's tough over here, lot of laws about trailers, but you can have car dollies without brakes. :crying:

You guys do know that 99% of Staters dont care right? I'm running a 16' dual axle with one set of brakes that dont even work. If it has a title and working lights you should be just fine. I built my brother a single axle back half truck trailer from an S-10. No one cares as long as it has lights and tabs.

Oh and BTW, NO single axle sled trailers had brakes. I have a number of friends that run those all over WA and never have a problem.

This looks like a good deal for sure for those of you that just need a little hauler! I would love to have something like this for my sled or hauling Hondas or even my Pulsar. Someone should hope on this!

It's fine if you don't need an inspection to bring it into WA. If it has a title, you can "get away with it". Oregon and Idaho are awful lax on boat trailer titles, though, as in not having them, which would require an inspection to get a WA title. I would think any cargo trailer would have a title, though.

The question though is, do you want to risk it? I risk a ticket every time I tow my 10K Gross tandem axle trailer with my M35A2 Deuce, since I've gone over the gross vehicular weight for a non CDL license in WA. Combined 26,001- Deuce is 23,050 but add the 10K trailer, that's 33,050. I work with a former State Trooper who worked many of the various jobs, including Commercial enforcement, and he said to be in the letter, I'd need a CDL but they won't check unless I get pulled over for something else. He bends the laws on trailers himself.

I'm telling ya, you should not have a problem what so ever. Unless you have light problems, cant stay in your lane, tailgate, or look like your over loaded, they wont mess with you.

Also FYI: Small unitility trailers (shuch as those from Harbor Fright) do not have plates. I used old Uitility trailer plates on my brother pickup trailer. Also if it has a title, no inspection should be needed. Only if it's a brane new home built trailer. They stopped doing state to state inspection for cars almost 20 years ago.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.