DAMN! 260 wont start!

jesusno2

got a bad connection somewhere or something failed, everything turns on all i get is a relay by the fuse box clicking! cleaned my connections still nothing. any you guys know what those realys do? ones for the electric pump. this is a early model 260 so im unsure if its partial 240 harness. Interlock relay?

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Did you scrape the battery terminals to bare metal? Easy things first.

a relay by the fuse box clicking

The means you're getting a little power to the harness. But if the cable ends aren't clean it could shut off when you turn it to Start.

There is a Intermittent Relay (wipers) and the Defrost Relay over on the passenger side.

Ah OK, now trace the wiring for that.

Pull the connector off the back of the ignition switch. Is there continuity betweeen BAT and S when you turn the key to Start? Or only if you wiggle the key a bit?

20004.jpg

Or could be a loose wire (especially the one at the starter). Or a broken wire.

Heres the deal the car has been parked no ones drivin it in about a month. so what ever happened I have no idea. I have power to some relay down on the kick panel that's just clicking so my ignition switch is working its never not worked or showed signs of not working lol. but i have no power hitting the starter. i cleaned connections from that relay box out. but the weird part is the is a little jumper box next to the battery and if someone unplugs it while i'm holding the key in the crank position, then reconnects it, it will crank. figure that out, cause i cannot!