620 dash light problem

gijosh

OK, so I've replaced all the fuses and the fusebox. When the headlights come on, i should see some sort of lighting on the dash panel right? So my gauges and such would be illuminated at night. Im not getting that. SOME lights DO come on. Like when the Key turns I get the oil light that comes on. BUt Im asking specifically about the dash lights that light up the gauges so I can see them at night. I turned the little knob on the right hand side that SHOULD be for that purpose, and no response. I checked the connection to the plastic connector and it seems to be solid. IS there a way to test the knobby to see if that fader is good?

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I've noticed it's kinda tight back aroudn the dash area, and I can really see to where different wires run, but I swear, This truck is a spaghetti mess.

Should i attempt at taking off the dash to do this? It seems like it would be eaiser to sort the mess that way for one thing. I cant check the connections on the gauges otherwise.

With headlights ON are your tail lights on? Front amber and rear red marker lights ON?

If not you won't have dash lights.

If the marker and rear lights are on, turn the dash dimmer switch up full. It may have been turned down by accident.