New to the datsun world

Poky8390

so i picked up a 1976 datsun 620 long bed with the l20b... the truck has seen more hands on it than a one woman gang bang party so there is all kinds of mis matched bolts nuts random washers... the wiring was a janky and the huge hole in the floor on the pass side was covered by the nice water soaked carpet =) so now that you have the jist im a fabricator in training so ive fixed the floor and other random metal issues ( with more to fix lol ) and ive moved on to trying to make the engine run better.. the carb that was on it im assuming is the orginal and is fucked.. so i was gunna go with the 32/36 weber.. and try to get headers and utilize the factory intake manifold.. the valves are super covered in gunk.. ive never rebuilt an engine cuase all my other cars were newer.. but i learn fast.. =) just from looks i dont think it looks to good but im not sure and i dont know exactly what i should do with the pistons.. cause there super black on top.. but i have tons of questions and hopeing to maybe get some good ideas on what i can do.. so far i love the truck ive dropped it 3 inches and driven it a little when i first got it and had a smile on my face the whole time cause its just cool =) ran like crap and i about passed out from the exhaust fumes but still had a blast lol =) and im trying to figure out how to put up pics right now =/

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

photo17_zps2a4d5060.jpg[/img]photo16_zps01351e27.jpg[/img]photo15_zps6b957b3d.jpg[/img]photo14_zps4dd63690.jpg[/img]photo13_zps0535486d.jpg[/img]photo12_zpsedf6dc78.jpg[/img]photo11_zpsb10769f1.jpg[/img]photo10_zps966b63a0.jpg[/img] so pics of the head and other things fenders when i had them off and the carb =) that is for sale.. not sure what its worth but if anyone would like it let me know. =)

and sry to everyone that sees my struggling to post things never been on a forum before so im learning.. and you here me say chedda in the video thats my buddy that weighs in at like 400 ish hes a big boy =) cant even fittem in my truck =( but he said i couldnt get the igniton to work and i did =)

and sry to everyone that sees my struggling to post things never been on a forum before so im learning.. and you here me say chedda in the video thats my buddy that weighs in at like 400 ish hes a big boy =) cant even fittem in my truck =( but he said i couldnt get the igniton to work and i did =)

That's why it's a truck, he can sit in the bed.

i just like old things.. way cheaper to fix to and i like the simplicity of it.. there isnt 25 censors just to tell you that you should check your fluids... ( cuase i thought it was common sence to check stuff..) and the bike got put on hold for a few but ive started to do more things to it to =)