WTB: L20 intake manifold

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I have your intake it is out of a 1978 620 pickup. What are you looking to spend, ( do not no what to ask ) I do have alot of parts for a 620 just no idea what to ask. price would be plus shipping.

There are two kinds. '75-'77 motors the intakes bolt to the exhaust manifold.

620headU-67Large.jpg

'78-'80 L20B the manifold is separate.

hmm.. i'm new to these engines and what not so i don't know which one i need off hand. i am going to take a look under my hood tomorrow when i have access to the truck. basically what i am trying to do is replace my factory L16 manifold on my '70 521 with a L20 intake manifold so i can bolt my new carb set up to it. i will be running my factory exhaust manifold with some modifications and a custom exhaust set up. thanks for the input!

Slight question- why doesn't your new carb setup bolt to the L16 manifold? The L16 and L20B manifolds share an identical bolt pattern. If the carb fits a stock L20B manifold, it'll fit a stock L16 manifold. If it's a Weber DGV type, an adapter will be required no matter which. The ports and runners on the L16 ones are smaller, true, but the L20B manifold also has all the smog pieces (like the EGR system) that you will need to plug/plate off/ etc.

I'm going to run the L20B intake manifold so i can port it the L16 runners are real small and seem to be thin. i'll have more room to play with.

Slight question- why doesn't your new carb setup bolt to the L16 manifold? The L16 and L20B manifolds share an identical bolt pattern. If the carb fits a stock L20B manifold, it'll fit a stock L16 manifold. If it's a Weber DGV type, an adapter will be required no matter which. The ports and runners on the L16 ones are smaller, true, but the L20B manifold also has all the smog pieces (like the EGR system) that you will need to plug/plate off/ etc.

the l20b manifold already has the bigger ports but the better way to go would be to gasket match the l16 mani its a much cleaner design and your already talking about porting it think about it this way

l20 intake: no porting needed but 2000000000000 smog ports to block off

l16 intake: needs a little bit of porting that your already prepared to do and you dont have to block off any smog crap

just seems like the l16 intake is the cleaner looking and less likely to leak canidate

the l20b manifold already has the bigger ports but the better way to go would be to gasket match the l16 mani its a much cleaner design and your already talking about porting it think about it this way

l20 intake: no porting needed but 2000000000000 smog ports to block off

l16 intake: needs a little bit of porting that your already prepared to do and you dont have to block off any smog crap

just seems like the l16 intake is the cleaner looking and less likely to leak canidate

isn't the l20's runners bigger as well also though?

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.