engine swap

dirtyydatsun

Okay, i wanna swap my motor for more power. i was thinking of doing a SR swap while my buddy is telling me to do a KA single cam turbo swap. please let me know what you think. And keep in mind i want to save money but also i want a lot of power. which one would be a fast easy swap? let me in on your knowledge.

thanks everyone!

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

from my research there is no real "fast and easy" swap but the one thing you need to consider with the 2 options you present

s13 people are pulling there single cam ka's and damn near throwing them away for an sr swap a single cam ka can be had for dirt cheap especially down in nor cal downside is they were probably beat on but even if you have to rebuild it you can still get it cheaper then an sr

from my research there is no real "fast and easy" swap but the one thing you need to consider with the 2 options you present

s13 people are pulling there single cam ka's and damn near throwing them away for an sr swap a single cam ka can be had for dirt cheap especially down in nor cal downside is they were probably beat on but even if you have to rebuild it you can still get it cheaper then an sr

thats what i was thinking, i know it will take time. not really concerned about that, but once it starts to get going you oughtta be anxious. lol. but im looking at a single cam KA with tranny for 600 bucks. i will deffinatly go through it and rebuild it. im just looking for an outline for what im going to need.

Hmmm lots of power but cheap. As a rule they are mutually exclusive but there are the odd exception.

How much money do you have to budget this?

A couple of thousand?

How much time for this?

two to six months?

Have a garage to work on this without interruptions?

Your parents driveway ain't going to cut it.

Have access to tools, MIG welder? any fabrication skills?

I don't mean "I have a buddy across town that does"

Have you done a swap before?

If you have then you wouldn't be asking about it. There is way more to this than bolting the motor mounts on.

Have a girlfriend?

If not careful they can get pregnant and a half finished project gets sold or sits at your parents for 5 years.

lol, never done a complete swap yet, but i have a shop like thing on the side of my house with buddies that all they do is work on cars. no girlfriend. im looking to spend about 2500-3000. no i dont have a welder, but as you said someone across town(my uncle) that has a portable welder and would love to help me with that.

Hmmm lots of power but cheap. As a rule they are mutually exclusive but there are the odd exception.

Have a girlfriend?

If not careful they can get pregnant and a half finished project gets sold or sits at your parents for 5 years.

Lol this one so often get's overlooked in the free advice column but it's so true. RIP to my wrenching buddy and his new girlfriend lol