New here, my 1997 Nissan 180SX Type-X

I just came across this site while searching for some whitewall tires for my vw. I am a full time Nissan/Datsun mechanic and don't know how I haven't made it here before! I am especially keen on the history of Datsun, therefore I had to have an iconic piece of it! Here I present to you my 180SX Type X, fully restored from the ground up, daily driven in the Upstate of South Carolina. I will keep the description short unless anyone wants specifics, but it's got an SR20DET making just at 340whp. Car is an all around great car, has a/c, plenty of power, great traction and Kei Office coilovers definitely get it around a corner! I am currently restoring a 76 Z with one of my friends, hoping to find a 510 to stick a motor in this year! My shop is called NSPerformance if anyone wants to see some of the other cars we build. Also included is a picture of my boss's S15. Enjoy!

IMAG0288.jpg

180enginesmall.jpg

180rolling.jpg

100_0064.jpg

The original motor when it came in. Terrible!

100_0099.jpg

Getting assembled and ready for paint!

Photo708.jpg

Then it caught on fire! The top pic of the engine bay is current, after the damage was fixed.

Photo710.jpg

IMG-20120616-00644.jpg

Nardi Steering wheel with Datsun center button, my love... And yes, it's right hand drive.

IMG-20120616-00645.jpg

Factory seats, very hard to find in decent shape, these are great :)

s15edit.jpg

And my boss's S15! Hope you guys enjoy and I will be on here often to stay up to date!

And check out my shop on facebook if you care to, facebook.com/nsperformance1

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...