Slotted Cross Member Question

Friscolada

Previous owner slotted rear crossmember on my datsun 510. I currently started to run 0 offset rims, wondering what would be the ideal adjustment on crossmember to tuck them more in. One adjustment is up and down and other one in and out.

Hope this makes sence.

My current adjustments are all the way down and out.

INFO

Rims: 15x7 0 offset

Fenders: rolled

Suspension: coilovers

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

pics of the slotted x member? the inner bracket should have slots that go up and down this one changes the camber if its all the way down in the slot thats as much negative camber as you can get but that depends on how it was slotted so pics would help alot

Wow that's scary. When you slot these crossmembers you have to make sure you don't go wider than the metal sleeve in the control arm bushings... hard to tell by the pics but those holes look a little wide.

I'm not really sure why you're trying to ruin your alignment just to fit 0 offset wheels... get different wheels that fit better or get flares.

Wow that's scary. When you slot these crossmembers you have to make sure you don't go wider than the metal sleeve in the control arm bushings... hard to tell by the pics but those holes look a little wide.

I'm not really sure why you're trying to ruin your alignment just to fit 0 offset wheels... get different wheels that fit better or get flares.

hey i spotted your datsun at Santa Clara State, cool datsun.

I just found picture that was close to what i have, although my CM is slotted way cleaner.

I'll die before i go flares! :w00t:

I got my wheels to tuck in more, no worries im not trying to go for looks and make my car useless.