New here - with Datsun A15 powered MG Midget

rbastedo

Yes, this is a cool car. One of my all time favorite British cars, together with the Bug Eye.

Then you'll like my car! :)

Sorry to hijack your thread Rick (I know him from the Datsun 1200 & Spridget forums), but I just came across this board and found your post about Frank. :)

I have a '59 Bugeye with an '82 A15 with a GX head, twin SU's & 5-speed trans.

I just pulled out (and reinstalled) the engine for a valve job and new clutch. I had two guides bust on me and a badly slipping clutch, so it needed some work.

Here are a couple of pics.....it's a driver, not a show car, so it is far from perfect. It does make a very fun daily driver for me though.....like Rick, I use mine almost everyday (even drove in the snow once or twice....never again though).

13460_.jpg

13461_.jpg

13459_.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I do love your car!

For the time being I've found a very low profile K&N filter for my Hitachi carb.

Even it wasn't short enough, so I ended up putting a teardrop shaped 'bubble' on the hood. At least I have a working air filter now.

I installed the Bike computer so I could see my speed & mileage, I'm getting 32 mpg and I don't drive like a little old lady. Not too bad for an old worn out Hitachi downdraft.

I found that the PO who installed the engine & transmission didn't install a speedo cable because there's simply no room between where it connects and the side of the tunnel, so the bike computer was really my only option.

• 3 weeks later...