will s13 strut bar fit 510

rad510

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I wouldn't spend much on one as they don't do much. More for show really. Like a header or wing or drilled rotors or hood pins or amber middle lights or catch can or cone filters or polly bushings or.....

Unlike a sway bar, or spray bar or high volume oil pump or EI dizzy or camber plates or oil cooler or tach or new shocks or tires or brakes....

These are a "monkey see, monkey do" "feel good" accessory. They do nothing significant on a stock car and everyone has one, but the owner feels good about his new accessory. Any improvement in actual rigidity realized from these braces is a result of the owners imagination and expectation and increases with the cost. I defy anyone to tell weather they have a brace on or off under a blind test.

I wouldn't spend much on one as they don't do much. More for show really. Like a header or wing or drilled rotors or hood pins or amber middle lights or catch can or cone filters or polly bushings or.....

i am going to have to dissagree on the amber lights, cone filters, AND polly bushings. you can tell a difference with every one.

• Like 1

Amber lights 'see' further into fog and rain with less light reflected back at the driver, but most just paint them because everyone else does. Most night driving is done in clear/good weather and coloring the lens merely reduces light output on hi beams. So you see less further.

Air filters are air filters as long as they are clean. If you can remove and wash and replace then I'll give you that they are an advantage. Do they make or free up enough hp to notice? Maybe if replacing a really dirty stock one, otherwise the ass dyno always lies.

Poly bushings I think have proven themselves to be not as fabulous as everyone used to think they were. You can't beat good new rubber bushings. Yes, they maybe could be very slightly stiffer, but polly ones might as well be made of metal. There is no give or twist as in rubber and they chafe and wear out or they squeak. Polly bushings on the tension rods are so inflexible that the bar has to bend around them causing fractures and failures. Just like replacing the dirty air filter above, replacing 40 year old rubber with polly will always be 'better'. You drive it for a few years and you'll see they wear and/or they make noise. This is race car territory, street cars seldom need this degree of firmness.

These are only my opinions on the subject. By definition an opinion is neither right or wrong but a personal interpretation of facts.

• Like 2