Anyone have experience with the so-called mpfi swap in 4 gen. civics?

Whats up Ratsun, I got a 2 door 510 project ive been working on for a couple years and currently have a 1991 honda civic hatch as my DD. Im looking for some tech help on an MPFI(multi port fuel injection) swap that i just completed. If anyone on here is experienced with this, that would be awesome! :w00t: so my issue is:

ive been wrenching on this for a few weeks now due to my busy work schedule, and i got it all started today, all it needed was some starting fluid.

once it burned off all the fluid i shut it off because it went to high idle/redline.

Then again went to start it (after making a few adjustments) and idle for a few seconds then went to redline(3k rpm on most civics)

stated up once again, and back to redline, shutting it off in fear of something going wrong with my new motor.

the tps wires were switched around on this swap like needed.

Any honda guys on here that can help me, or any tech help work be useful, thanks for any feedback.

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I would try a honduh forum. Speaking of honduhs, I smoke a 07 honda accord 3.0 yesterday in my 620. Punk ass thought his granny car was bad untill I left him on an 80 roll. :rofl: He rolled up next to me afterwards and mouthed out "that thing has got some pickup"!!!!! maybe you should sell your sickvic and roll your 510 as a DD like a boss.

I know this is hostile grounds, but ratsun has good information that has helped me on my 510 so i figured there might be someone on here with good tech help, and im sure most of us know about having a super packed schedule which is why my 510 isnt on the road yet but close too. I got my honda my senior year in high school and is just a car that i have gotten attached to, im not really into other hondas, i only like this year civic. And one thing for sure i dont just throw on some rims and lower it and call it jdm, i have rebuilt this car from the ground up, and living til 415,000 miles(original motor) cant beat anything. that is why i posted in other makes/models forum. I just need some tech help, so if anyone has any Thanks ahead of time. :-) i have already tried honda forums, and none of them seemed to help me out.

I have a special set of "Ford Only" universal do all tools like these

796583474_260.jpg

I suggest you pickup yourself a set and go to town ,,, :lol:

No really ,,, what did you do to your TPS ?

Throttle body literally stuck open ?

why starting fluid ?

I would verify and record everything you did 10x times over.

i re-sealed up a couple things and it went down about 500 rpm or so, i had my honda mechanic take a look so i get a different view, and he cant figure it out, but then again he didnt know what polyurethane bushing are. :confused: ill try and post up a few pics when i get it back. all it could be 9/10 is a vacuum leak, i never saw any cracks on it before i installed it, so maybe the parts are not torqued to the right specs. thanks for the feedback hermistonkilla. :thumbup:

• 4 weeks later...