KA24DE swapped wagon, needs some electrical help.

So I've just jumped into my first 510, a KA swapped wagon (see my other thread for pics and stuff) and it has some minor electrical stuff I need to work out. Speedometer isn't working, and tach isn't working. What are the first things I should check to get these functioning? I understand I might need replacement gauges for these to fit with the engine/transmission swap.

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...

Do a search on here, I can't remember the gear (think it's from a Z31 but honestly don't know) that works with the KA trans and the stock speedo cable. If it is the stock Tach there is a way to work, I honestly can't remember since I never had to do it. Others have figured it out.

For the speedo, you can just swap out the electronic cog on the trans, to a mechanical one from a 280zx, 2wd 720 pu, early 300zx, etc. Then just hook up th stock cable and your done. (there are a few great threads on here about it)

For the tack, we need more info. (What year KA? Stock or aftermarket tach? etc...) Then we can help.

dimw quarterly did a write up on the tac and what pins go to what. as for the speedo i have the trans output from an r32 which i belive is the same as z31. the z31 is what you need, pn is 32702-58S20. mine has the red gear on it and its almost dead on.

For the speedo, you can just swap out the electronic cog on the trans, to a mechanical one from a 280zx, 2wd 720 pu, early 300zx, etc. Then just hook up th stock cable and your done. (there are a few great threads on here about it)

For the tack, we need more info. (What year KA? Stock or aftermarket tach? etc...) Then we can help.

I spoke to Datzenmike and I am waiting for the proper gear to retrofit the new engine to the old speedo... for the tach, I'd like to get my hands on a stock 510 tach and get it working with the 94 KA24DE in the wagon.

• 2 months later...