620 shakes like a epileptic watching a movie

Locsteros22

Finally have time to get on here but with another problem!!

Well I recently purchased a 78 620 and now after a few months she started shaking when I accel at high speed...I though the clutch is going out so I changed the clutch which looked gone so it was worth the week of work haha but after I put her back together she still shakes like crazy...any idea what can be wrong guys?

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Look at your tires for missing balance weights that have come off. Lift and spin them looking for bulges in the tread or sidewall.

Check driveshaft for damage (dent or bent) look also for a clean spot where a balance weight has come off. Inspect for U joint wear.... if loose or you can wiggle them they are no good. They should turn only.

Check engine and transmission rubber mounts and bolts for looseness. Use a 2x4 to pry with.

You just need to loosen the bolts holding your old mounts and slighlty jack up the motor just enough to get them out and replace with new ones.

Yup! Did my engine mounts on my 620 in about 30 minuets, and that included cleaning the mount brackets.