210 running way too rich

northerncali210

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

thanks mike,

the choke is working. fully open when warmed up.

there is a dribble of fuel every 2-3 seconds or so, its not a whole lot. but thats in the primary barrl, which might suggest that the issue is with the secondary barrel.. which makes sense to me since the problem is at a higher speed. please correct me if im wrong(im not an expert)

does anyone know at what point the secondary comes into use?

i havent been able to find a good diagram of my carb(dc306?), and im not sure if there is an adjustment to lean it out abit..?

Stock carb or ?

(1) electric or mechanical fuel pump ? ( if aftermarket electric brand and specs ... It probably will require a regulator inline if non adjustable)

---Too much pressure can cause a few issues in itself.

(2) Does it have points or electronic ignition system ? ( a neglected points system can easily cause deq issues )

(3) Last time spark plugs were changed ? What do spark plugs tell you ? ( NGK is preferred brand ).

(4) carb worked on recently ? If so what exactly has been done ? :)

*set ignition timing

*check for fuel leaks

*check fuel float level

*check for a sunk/cracked float

*make sure needle is not worn down as well as seat

*make sure power valve screws are just barely snug. Make sure upper body bolts are snug.

*check power valve operation/condition ( on holley carburetors ... You check power valve by simple turn on car and while idling ... Turn in the idle mixture screws in all the way ... If the car dies the power valve is good ... If the car idles the power valve is bad ... This may not work for you as these are two different carb designs :) just a thought. )

I hope the jets have not been drilled out Haha

so i re-adjusted the float, leaned out the throttle and idle adjustments. now it runs a whole lot smoother, but who knows how much cleaner..

i dont have factory manual, but my chilton says the CO mixture should at 4-6% in california models. i asked the smog shop about this, they assured me that the state appointed measurments are correct. :confused: so if my car i supposed to be running at 4-6% then how in gods name will i get it down below .9%...? haha