KA24E Cylinder head Trade

Hi all! I have a 240 SX KA24E head that I would like to trade for a truck KA24E Cylinder head. If you have what I need please let me know. The head will com complete with rocker arm assy, cam, valves, basically fully assembled. The reason I am looking to trade is because my side draft manifold is for the truck cylinder heads! Thank you!

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

No, my manifold is for the KA. The intake ports between the two heads that I have are very different. Maybe difference in years. the blocks are different too.

Basket / dampener crank shaft journal assy and the truck has independent journals.

So any one want to trade me?

The blocks ARE different. Do you have any pictures of the Head/Manifold?

Ony persistent to help because it's always better if you can make due with what you have. And it might be somewhat difficult finding someone with a truck head. The only person I can think of with a truck KA is icehouse, and I don't see him takingit apart any time soon.

If you do find a head that works, save the 240 cam, unless you have something else in mind.

It's an E head. Not DE for Dual OHC

I have had a running truck motor with my set up before..

Blew that engine up. It was built by Rebello Racing. I have a 240 SX head. I am assembling one engine right now with the truck head. I got another to build missing the head that I want and need. Can't take any pictures because of the compatibility of my Camera's software/ card with windows vista. Thanks for your replies all.

Ok, I got it now. The top of the intake where the fuel injectors protrude, they are different between the two heads. The 240 SX head has a wider indentation than the truck head. The oval it's itself is the same. Now the 240 SX cam, is it different ?

Yeah the 240s have a slightly bigger cam.

89-90 240sx STOCK cam

intake: 240 degrees duration, .409 in valve lift

exhaust: 248 degrees duration, .409 in valve lift

90-97 Hardbody STOCK cam

intake: 232 degrees duration, .382 in valve lift

exhaust: 232 degrees duration, .382 in valve lift

source: http://nissancustoms.com/showthread.php?t=4510

Since you're using carburetors, the best thing to do would be to fill the injector "notches" anyway since they wont be needed and will only impede flow.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.