datsun 620 5 spd transmission and parts/trade for 280zx 5 spd transmission

looking for a 5 spd for my datsun 620 std cab truck, I have a good 280zx 5 spd in trade, I know it will require the driveshaft and crossmember too

anyone in the san francisco bay area have one willing to trade for a good 280zx non turbo transmission, can pick up up anywhere in the bay area

txt me with info or leads 650-302-5127

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

so you are looking for a truck 5 speed and have a zx 5 speed to trade ??

Im a little confused as to what you need

correct sir I need the truck shortail 5 spd, trying to keep the swap simple, doing a friend a favor, dont want to create a big project for me-too many cars to fix right now

correct sir I need the truck shortail 5 spd, trying to keep the swap simple, doing a friend a favor, dont want to create a big project for me-too many cars to fix right now

datsunaholic is correct the stock truck tranny should be the same length as the zx tranny but if your looking for a long tail truck tranny I have one

the short trannys were only in the early trucks like the 521 I think all 620,s had the long tail tranny

The 73 had a short tail trans, but there were no 5-speeds available then. It's possible to use a dogleg 5-speed in a truck, but it's inadviseable. Plus it's not as easy as it sounds since the mount is not in the same place as the original 4-speed nor in the location of the later longtails.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.