my project 1984 nissan pickup

hows it going guys my name is Sergio Munguia im 21 years old im from Ellensburg WA and this is my project a 1984 nissan pickup with a z24 engine just put some new wheels on 15x10 195/45/15 tires stretched out mono leafed in the rear torsion bars cranked down bump stops trimmed down bout half way sits about 1 1/2 off the ground (hits wayyy too much) might raise it up maybe an inch or two tell me what you guys think...

these are the before and after pictures hopefully pretty soon it will be bagged and painted original color is silver but i might go for a gunmetal grey color

602430_10151065613750813_342886954_n.jpg

1.jpg

599652_10151092769905813_1134163165_n.jpg

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

welcome to ratsun! pretty good intro but you posted this in the wrong section, if its a project, put it under project datto, if youre just showing off your truck (as it appears) you need to post this under the specified forum, in this case > http://community.ratsun.net/forum/53-720/

enough of that though, the truck looks good! way too small of a tire for a 10" wheel in my opinion, im running 195/50/15's on 15x8's and im stretched. but besides that, im liking the truck! maybe some bubble flares to reduce the amount the rims stick out?

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

yea so far i liked it i had to raise it up about 1 1/2 it was wayy to low i couldnt even pass some speed bumps lol now i can at least drive it more confortable it does look like too small of a tire but i kinda like the look it gave out i am for sure getting some fender flares i gotta look into that but for right now i think its good the way it is i will hopefully end up bagging it and painting it would be the very last thing on the list i want to finish this one so i can give it to my little brother when he turns 16 he is 13 at the time so gives me time to do some stuff to it after i finish this project i want to get a 73 datsun 521 thats my goal hopefully everything turns out good.

That's a problem with lowering... hitting or bottoming out. This can only be reduced by stiffer springs and good or new shocks. If you are riding on the cut bump stops then you are basically using the tire flex for the suspension.

There has been a interest in getting a Ratsun meet going in Tri cities from a few members ,, your about the 3rd or 4th person i`ve noticed this month that has started on here from around that area...I am west of the mountains but maybe ,,might make the drive. if you guys get something big going over there.

I like the ride height of your truck and welcome

If the truck banging over bumps bothers you ,,,,,turn up the radio... :D

• Like 1

haha for sure right no but the thing is tho the leaf spring hanger used to get caught on the small bumps lol so it got pretty anoying right now its at least 3 inches off the ground i can at least drive it around more comfortable now yea im trying to get more people here in my town to get into mini trucks so far im getting a few friends together on this its an awesome hobby i must say its a great passion for mini trucks......