drum to disc breake convertion

tavilas

I need help , I want to convert to front disc breakes on my 1968 520 pick up but don't have alot of money at the moment my first cracy idea is to go the the yard and put the parts together but don't know if thats a good idea

does any one have any useful tips for an amature like my self on the subject?what exactly do I need to do the job? if you do I'll be very thankful

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It's not as easy as just going to the wrecking yard and pulling some parts, as I have done it.

There are issues to be dealt with, and unless you have a welder and know how to use it, forget it.

There are kits out there that use parts from other vehicles to put disc brakes on your kingpin frontend.

Here is one kit, although I don't beleave he has any in stock anymore, but it is a great kit that uses 1985-6 nissan 720 disc brake vented rotors/calipers.

http://community.ratsun.net/topic/11459-disc-brake-kits-521520320620/page__hl__%2B620+%2Bdisc+%2Bbrackets

"BEEBANI" also makes a bracket, and likely he has them for sale.

These kits require that you go out and find the parts to mount to the brakets, but it's a lot easier and safer to go this route.