Rear Drum Hardware kit - where can I buy one?

cjzeppy

I need to find a drum hardware kit for my 72 510. I tried searching on every auto parts website and Google'd for the part, but no one seems to carry them. Does anyone know of a secret store that sells a similar model or do I have to suck it up and buy disc brakes? Thanks!

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Are you 100% certain it works? What model year should I look into getting?

I'm not personally, but if you do any sort of Googling on the subject, you'll run across a number of different hands on accounts in which people did this and it worked perfectly fine. 240z ran from 70-73', I do believe. All of them the same for rear hardware.

• Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...

I'm not personally, but if you do any sort of Googling on the subject, you'll run across a number of different hands on accounts in which people did this and it worked perfectly fine. 240z ran from 70-73', I do believe. All of them the same for rear hardware.

Aye, been doing some hunting of mine own, the rear brake on my wagoon were locked up and had to pull the drum to get them undone. Looking at the pic of the 1971 240z hardware kit, the springs look like a perfect match, I think I will order a set and see.