B210 Carb

Timber

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just helped my son buy his first car. A 74 B210. It needs a new carb, does anyone know a reputable vendor? Also a part number for this carb. Thanks.

First post some pics!

Second you have lots of options here actually. Many people will say just throw a Weber on it. This works but will reduce mpg. Oemsurplus sells compatible carbs for the later 210s for around ~130 or so. These will bolt on and are "close enough" although they will have lots of extra ports for the emissions equipment- block these. There are a couple of ebay resellers selling older rebuilt carbs on ebay for less than a 100, although these will probably need a bit of cleaning. A carb from a 1200 can also be used if you switch out the jets (very easy). Also several places will rebuild your carb.

I would suggest first figuring out if it really needs a new carb. Are we talking vacuum leaks, worn throttle shafts, leaking accelerator pump (super common) etc.. or the car just doesn't run right. If worn throttle shafts the bottom throttle body can be swapped easily. For other vacuum leaks check the bolt tightness to the manifold as they commonly leak here. Rebuild kits for these carbs are also available, although they are quite complicated.

Unfortunately the 1974 is sort of a 1 year off engine (A13), the carb is closest to that of the 1200 carb. Also the 1200 carb will have the least extra emissions crap.

Rebuild Kits almost never solve anything. Unless the needle-and-seat is stuck and overflowing gasoline (kits come with a new needle-and-seat). Kits won't fix anything that is broken other than that. The act of cleaning the carburetor is what usually "fixes" the carburetor.

Just get a rebuilt carburetor for a 1974 Datsun B210.

The part number is stamped in ink here, maybe it will still be visible:

5919.jpg

Rebuild Kits almost never solve anything. Unless the needle-and-seat is stuck and overflowing gasoline (kits come with a new needle-and-seat). Kits won't fix anything that is broken other than that. The act of cleaning the carburetor is what usually "fixes" the carburetor.

Just get a rebuilt carburetor for a 1974 Datsun B210.

The part number is stamped in ink here, maybe it will still be visible:

5919.jpg

That's not a bad price for a rebuilt carb. Nice find!

hey Datsun people i got an issue with my 79 210 with the A14 engine which is driving me to insanity and not the fun kind. started with running out of fuel which sucked crap into the fuel system. the result was that the car would not stay running without keeping my foot on the gas. i changed the fuel filter and rebulit the carb. after the carb kit rebuild my 210 would stay running but began to lurch or hiccup when i would try to keep at a steady speed while driving. aceleration is smooth it's just a steady speed below 50 mph that it starts lurching. freeway driving is fine. so yesterday we tore down the carb again and it had no positive affect rather its running worse . my mechanic buddy is very smart yet is against my idea that the fuel pump is the next logical part to address . i hope someone on here can confirm my suspition about the fuel pump. it is the original pump so 30 plus years can build silt. messed with some electrical just to check but no go with that. thanks