Another 320 - new owner - 65

fletchmpoon

Thanks fletch!  Sorry I missed these hitch pics before.  That looks pretty simple.  I was thinking that I could order this: http://www.etrailer.com/Specialty-Trailer-Hitches/Draw-Tite/41990.html

and then just have a local guy weld it to the frame rails for me?

It might block some of the bumper bolts, but maybe the bolt heads could be welded in place so that they won't need accessed again.

I'd also have to lower my spare tire a bit, or get a lower profile spare (wrong size is on it right now).

I personally would never weld a hitch onto a 320 frame, or any frame for that matter, find one that bolts to the bottom so it don't interfere with the bumper brackets.

I bolt all my hitches on everything, but the 320 would not have the power I need anyway, so that it not an option for me.

What are you going to haul?, there is a smaller hitch receiver that will haul small trailers around with a smaller frame ect.

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I personally would never weld a hitch onto a 320 frame, or any frame for that matter, find one that bolts to the bottom so it don't interfere with the bumper brackets.

I bolt all my hitches on everything, but the 320 would not have the power I need anyway, so that it not an option for me.

What are you going to haul?, there is a smaller hitch receiver that will haul small trailers around with a smaller frame ect.

Yeah, I don't much care for the idea of welding to the frame.  I'm not sure if that's acceptable or not.  Can you point me in the direction of the style you prefer?  Because I'm just not finding anything myself anywhere. 

I have no plans for hauling anything massive right now, or at all right now.  I just want to have the option to haul a few little things in the future.  Maybe my dad's flat trailer would be handy for hauling a bigger lawnmower, and other awkward things that won't get into the bed easily.  A small teardrop camper or very small boat/jet ski in the future would be cool.   The 320 doesn't have much problem hauling heavy things for me (I've loaded it down with massive oak logs before), but using the bed alone sometimes limits my options.  We had a giant wooden cabinet before to haul that needed to lay flat, and had to get my dad to bring his truck/trailer for it.

Yeah, I don't much care for the idea of welding to the frame.  I'm not sure if that's acceptable or not.  Can you point me in the direction of the style you prefer?  Because I'm just not finding anything myself anywhere. 

I have no plans for hauling anything massive right now, or at all right now.  I just want to have the option to haul a few little things in the future.  Maybe my dad's flat trailer would be handy for hauling a bigger lawnmower, and other awkward things that won't get into the bed easily.  A small teardrop camper or very small boat/jet ski in the future would be cool.   The 320 doesn't have much problem hauling heavy things for me (I've loaded it down with massive oak logs before), but using the bed alone sometimes limits my options.  We had a giant wooden cabinet before to haul that needed to lay flat, and had to get my dad to bring his truck/trailer for it.

Ok, what I would do is buy that hitch you put a link to, then get a couple pieces of flat thick plate that will go on the inside of the frame rail and use the bumperette mount holes to mount both at the same time, bumperette brackets on the outside, tow hitch brackets on the inside, then cut the tow hitch to fit in between the brackets(plates), and weld it to them, that way you can remove the tow hitch if you need to, you will likely have to relocate the license plate holder though.