Orange or dark blue 280z?

I've been tossing back and forth what color I'm going to go with on the 76 Z. right now it is 4 different shades of black, all spray painted and faded to different shades. I have some small dents to work out (body hammers and dolphin glaze should work) then its time for a cheap rustoleum paint job.

I'm debating between gloss orange or dark satin blue, with black trim and black urethane valance and side skirts either way.

I know the flat black is over done, but still looks cool. I like the flat blue, but these cars look good in bright colors.

Opinions?

I'll try to find cars painted in both shades to post up!

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

a color such as orange definitely attract more attention.

this is both good and bad.

its definitely more safer. itll be hard for mindless, distracted people NOT to see you. thats why school buses are the color they are.

the downsides are that it grabs law enforcement attention. this is fine for the majority of us that have our paperwork in order and dont like to speed etc, but bad for those 'look @ me' guys.

also, it might attract more 'bad guy' attention (thieves, etc.) well, maybe not a datsun ;)

I'm leaning towards the orange to be different and it looks pretty cool. I've always been a blue, dark colors person so I'm going for a change. I figure if i don't like it oh well-its cheap this time around. I'd like to know if i'm going to like the color before i spend all the time, $$< and effort on the "real" paint down the line. This car was originally dark green, somebody painted it bright blue metallic, had a gold under primer door, and a red under black door. I put new fenders and hood on it and satin rattle canned the rest to match. Time to make it even!

Should I go with rustoleum's orange or the krylon pumpkin orange? I think the krylon is closer to Z orange.

I have 3 small kids running around (and through) the garage too, so easy scratch and dent fixes are a goal here.

Thanks for the input and pics!

Found this on flickr. I have no idea who's car this is, but it looks cool (my new desktop!)

http://farm3.staticf...fc16c9a0a_z.jpg

z's are always attracting the bad guys.

Zs, for sure. i was pulled over one occasion in my 280z in WA coming off a ferry. it was one of those pull overs where they make up a reason for pulling you over, just to try to catch something wrong (intoxicated, papers, etc.) one of his statements was 'im from cali, where a lot of drug dealers buy these cars cuz theyre cheap and fast'

once he saw that i had everything in order he let me go.

go with rust-o-leom, I bought tw0 cans of tht krylon orange stuff, and orange was the only can I eve had trouble with, was painting a motorcycle and with both cans the paint ran, and these were bought same day.