My First Build 1973 240z

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I have that airdam, don't really like it but its on my 280z so some part of me liked it, we should all be so lucky to get a free 240z, oh wait, I did. Welle everyone else should be. Hope this thread turns out well, and doesn't just die like my 280z thread has, well, I suppose I could work on my car and just update my thread....

promise me youll swap out that steering wheel :)

source yourself a pretty wooden one with matching shift knob

I got the stock 240z plastic steering wheel, the one that looks like wood, it would need a wax and polish but I'm open to selling it.

I have that airdam, don't really like it but its on my 280z so some part of me liked it, we should all be so lucky to get a free 240z, oh wait, I did. Welle everyone else should be. Hope this thread turns out well, and doesn't just die like my 280z thread has, well, I suppose I could work on my car and just update my thread....

haha i know right? best wishes! ill bump i up later

yeah, at least some radiator shops can take care of it, call around. after a few days of having acid sit in my tank (BEFORE i ended up using evaporust) i ended up wishing i had brought the tank to a shop. you can always use evaporust for other things so its not a waste

Ya most rad shops can handle it. I wouldnt waste my time doing that nonsense myself, its well worth the money to have it done right and trouble free.

on my 1973 240z the distributor is non-electrical...i have a 260z 2+2 that has a distributor on it... an electrical distributor, anywhere i can get parts for that? how would i wire that on my 240z and any diagrams or photos that instruct you where to route the wires?

no answers for that question but what kinda shap is that 2+2 in? I've been looking for one, would you ever part with it?

its alright i was thinking about building it in a couple of years anyways haha, and really like the rally car?

2rally_377x226.jpg

Maybe, but those magnesium wheels are impossible to find. I'll be using my old tracker 4x4, got into a roll over, so the body is shot but the floor pan and frame are still good, and the parts z I've got would need new floors to be buildable, so I'm probably just gonna try to find a way to set the z body on the tracker, it'll be pretty roomy if I do it right, may end up trying to be an l motor implace of the boat achor thats in the bay, the motor in the tracker it rebuilt, but its just slow as hell.

• Like 1