new to Ratsun

84 4x4

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

snapon "beer sweaters" - :D i like that. sweaters that keep it cold. unlike grandmas knitting.

Haha... Yep, and they keep your hands warm... :) nothing like drinking a brew in the snow and your hands frozen even more then they need to be. Grandmas sweaters are usually made from sheep that were bred in the deepest parts of hell... Where do you even find wool that thick grandma? You specially ordering this sh*t???

• Like 1

Cool. I know where that is at. It wasn't that hard. This was my first one and the only experience I had was pictures off of google. Hardest part was making that first cut with the grinder. That whole now turning back point. Yea, I do miss playing im some mud too... Lol

All years of doors interchange. The '83 and up equipped with power windows will fit but have different insides for the electric motors. Cannot use hand regulators in them.

cool cause i have an 82 for parts was thinking bout using the doors to make a set of half doors with maybe some type of quick connect hinges so i can swap out between them and the regular doors on my 84
  • 1 month later...

niCe.... Was wondering where at in Texas you are? Im moving back to the Houston area in October. Did the sas on my truck in a week. Could a been days if I had a hand. Could drop in and show ya mine. And take it out in the mud. Sucky part is, there is no mud up here in WA. Only rocks... And more rocks. And snow... Tons of snow. Im going wheeling tomorrow and I can guarantee I will find more snow... Sucks...

I like that bumper. I got a couple of the. Snap on beer sweaters.things are awesome... :)

Go down towards Vancouver area. Or North. There is PLENTY of mud in WA. After all, we live in a state where it rains 80% of the year. There ought to be mud somewhere :thumbup:

Ok here's the deal i just put a head gasket oplugs truck , z24i engine with standard non tbi intake and Webber carb. Finished putting all together cranked runs like a top backed it up pulled closer to the water hose then killed it only running for two maybe three minutes tops. Started filling with water till level was at top of radiator neck tried to crank the truck back up and wouldn't even turn over the Starter would bind up but not turn over i pulled all four exhaust plugs and two and for were wet so i spun it over and blew all the water out of the cylinder more to make a long story shorter i borrowed a Boro scope from work and checked a lil closer into this and you can watch water stream in through the intake valve only when they are open if they are shut i get nothing stays dry as a bone but if i turn the engine over by hand enough to crack a valve open on intake side and it will fill that cylinder up in just a min or two.i replaced the intake gasket and double checked the clean on the Intake itself not sure if the head is cracked and the machine shop missed when i had it checked for cracks and resurfaced not likely but possible or if maybe my intake may be cracked or warped. do these heads crack often? Has anyone ever cracked an intake before? Any way so there it is just trying to get some info to try and help me figure out which direction i need to go in now