KYB AGX

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks. Some people were saying SW11 rears... so I guess it's just an opinion thing. KYB doesn't seem to make the AGX for the rear of the SW11, so I just ordered some SW20 front inserts. The valving is probably a little too soft for the front of a 510 with a heavy KA, but we'll see how it works. I might be able to just crank up the stiffness for the track, and turn it down for a nice soft ride on the street. Track day in 2 weeks!

Mine are shortened, and funnily enough the SW20 front inserts fit PERFECTLY inside my strut tube. No spacer needed. AWESOME. I've been running Camaro GR2s with a spacer.

Too bad my camber plate spacer is too big for the shock... not too big of a deal, just used some tape to make it a tighter fit. Then I ran into a bigger issue..... my top hats didn't fit over the shock tube. Great. Was hoping to get the car back together tonight :( Stopping at a machine shop tomorrow to have them mill out the top hats slightly... no big deal, just a bummer I guess since I thought everything would work perfectly based on how confident sssr20det510 seemed. Live and learn.

lol NOW people post that they had to have the top hats drilled out... wish I had known this before hand. Almost had a heart attack last night when this shit wouldn't fit lol, I don't have time to get another set of shocks before the track day :(

No big deal, I had to drill them out ever so slightly from 3/4" to 7/8" Getting ready to reassemble everything.. can't wait to try these shocks at the track!!