Head skim - remove cam towers?

zed

Goodday all,

When milling an L18 head, is it necessary to remove the cam towers? My manual says never remove cam towers unless you intend to align bore them. I don't have much confidence in the local engineering shops...

z

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

See if the machin shop will do it with the towers on.

I had mine remove noth times and thery were ok installing it back on but never was as loose(cam spin) as it was before.

to a min grind if possible so you dont have to buy cam tower shims to raise the tower higher. since you made the heade shorter(rasise the cahin back up to standart streatch length

to a min grind if possible so you dont have to buy cam tower shims to raise the tower higher. since you made the heade shorter(rasise the cahin back up to standart streatch length

How much can you shim before there's interference with the valve cover? ....I'm sure that's the least of the worries....(valves slapping pistons and minimizing the head volume....)

What are the numbers on the deck hight that you are looking for to add shims to get??? I've heard of people using thicker headgaskets too ...????