Electronic Ignition Convertion Kit on a B210

Sierra

I am looking for feedback (Good or Bad) on installing an Electronic Ignition Conversion Kit on a 1978 B210 Automatic. I was reading about it and it seems to be something worthwhile doing. Any thoughts? I would love to hear from people that know about the Kit.

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Lol, thought you had points, wich up untill this week when I researched petronix I thought they where alot better than points, nope, seams about the same, the remote box ei dizzy is awsome cuz you can run the gm hei that alot if guys swear by, and its super easy to hide a hidden kill switch onto the remote box style.

The points are the problem, the low-energy spark is not a problem. Which means Pertronix is better than points, because it gets rid of the points.

The GM module is no more powerful than the stock Datsun HEI box. Sure it's cheaper to replace than the Datsun box, but the Datsun unit practically never goes bad. The old case of "it's a chevy, it's cheap to replace" versus "Datsun stock parts, rarely need replacing"

Kill switch is even easier with the Datun box, as the Datsun box is installed under the dash

Agreed, swapped out my points on the 74 B210 to the 78 dizzie and coil at 12 volt system, widened up the plugs and never looked back, way to easy of a swap. Also swapped out the alternator to a newer, higher output model. This all adds up to dependable. I will send you my old dizzie if you want to mess around with points all the time....