KA24DE swap

Hi i'm in the process of swapping a KA24de in my 510 and i've been reading about using the 620 motor mounts. I was wondering what year 620 mounts should I use and I also see that the left and right side mounts are different. Do I use both right side mounts or use the left and right side mounts? thanks

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If you mean the metal brackets, I can't see how they will work. The L motors are tilted about 23 degrees over to the right from the position of the KA motor.

The Z series motors have the same orientation as the KA. Perhaps those from a Z24 as it's the same height as the KA?.

yes, i do mean the rubber insulators from the 620. I have read that some use the stock 510 insulators with the KA brackets. Others use the 620 insulators along with the KA brackets as well. My question is im looking to use the 620 insulators and I was wondering if you use both the left and right insulators or do you have to buy 2 right sight insulators because the left and right are different. hope that makes sense.

thank you for clarifying between each mount. My question is if I wanted to use 620 mounts do I use the late insulators or the early insulators? I am planning to buy the mounts from oreily/ kragen and the left and right mounts are different. Do i order both the left and right insulators or do I order 2 right side insulators? sorry if my questions seem really vague or redundant. thank you for all of your help.

http://www.oreillyauto.com/site/c/search.oap?year=1977&make=Nissan&model=620&vi=1210138&keyword=engine+mount+

Yep you'll need both. You might PM Icehouse to find out what mods are needed exactly. I've supplied him with 620 mounts to do the swap into a 510 before, he's done the swap a few times with the 620 mounts. :)