75 280z springs

hey guys, im new to all of this! so go easy on me please lol. i just recently got a 75 280z, and im picking up a set of konig rewinds in a few days. theyre only 14x7 so theyre pretty small. im in high school and on a budget so i dont have a lot of money for suspension. i really want to lower it though, i was thinking of cutting a little bit of the springs just to hold off until my birthday early july when i buy coilovers. im pretty into cars and know a lot but im just getting really into datsuns and older cars.. i know its not a smart thing to cut the springs. but i was hoping someone on here could tell me about how much i can get away with cutting off? and how much it will lower it. im trying to go low as possible with out having a horrible ride.

thanks in advance!

Brenden

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

if you want to be slammed dc2/type r - cost $500+

or

Sectioned struts on ground control coilovers ( coilovers for z's) and some other shit.

s13

miata

sectioned struts and cut springs

im doing ground control coilovers like my friends.

http://www.speedhunters.com/2012/05/the-peoples-choice-sunnys-240z/

cut 3 coils of. lower your car about 2 inches and the ride wont be to terrible. what coilovers are you thinking?

That's a lot. Probably lower your car a lot more than that won't it ? :unsure:

i honestly have no clue. do you have any suggestions? preferably not too pricey. i was thinking maybe even just lowering springs depending on costs.

If just a 1-1.5" lower ,,, Eibach springs and KYB struts.

But on high-school budget , cut a little at a time if that's what you really wish to do !

Old-timers also heat springs with a torch and block the car/watch how much it sags. I wouldn't recommend it , but hey ... I have never tried !

just get some lowering springs if your not ready to spend on coilovers, honestly i would save up for the Ground control/short stroke strut catriges setup if your not trying to do something out the ordinary.

btw i have some cut eibach springs sitting at my house but i forgot how many coils were cut but it wasnt alot, if you want'm pm me.

If you're really only waiting until July... you should just wait it out.

With that said, coilovers are a bit of an investment on our cars. There isn't much of a bolt on option (although it looks like T3 has an option now: https://technotoytuning.com/nissan/240z/rear-coilover-conversion-datsun-240z-260z-and-280z) and most of the kits available are "weld-on."

If you want to take on a weld option, here is a good write-up about it: http://www.arizonazcar.com/coilover.html

I think this is probably my next task on my car.. although I won't be doing the welding on my own.