l20b power stearing?

jnec510

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Check out the 720 p/s set up too. It has the pump and reservoir in one unit and it mounts to the pump studs. Two flex lines go down to the pass frame rail and become hard lines across the front behind the rad and to the p/s box.

Below (not a good picture) you can see two hoses mid left side. The thicker one is the pressure side and has a fitting that goes into the pump body. The thinner hose is the return and only needs a gear clamp to hold it on as it just dumps the fluid back into the reservoir. Both become metal lines that come forward along the frame and across the back of the cross member to the box. The 620 frame is the same so it makes a clean install.

http://i138.photobucket.com/albums/q251/datzenmike/CopyofIMG_0427.jpg[/img]"]CopyofIMG_0427.jpg

Here's the p/s box end the pressure line didn't match the banjo fitting so I made my own fittings and flaired and joined the hard lines. The other line is the low pressure return so easily joined with hose and clamps.

BTW the p/s box is from a D-21 so it has the sector shaft outside the frame rail. My truck has evolved since I put the 280z box in but they all work the same.

http://i138.photobucket.com/albums/q251/datzenmike/CopyofIMG_0426.jpg[/img]"]CopyofIMG_0426.jpg

Two of the four bolts did. :D Not to worry the stock 720 p/s only had three so I'm good. Made damn sure they were on tight. Those pumps and boxes put a hell of a strain on the frame during a panic lane change heaving a 3,500 lb truck around! I'll have a good look this summer and weld another support bracket so I can put another bolt through.