Noob question

So I ordered a clutch slave for my 70' 521.. It got here today and I thought to myself " eff I have a dogleg tranny I don't know what it came off of".. So I did a quick crawl under and all I could see as far as markings was 63A.. I notice the piece coming out of clylinder was threaded and the one thats on tranny isn't ..think in got the wrong part??

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

For a 521 you will order a 521 clutch slave cylinder as the threaded hole is up front so it will clear the torsion bar.

What I do is you the 510/521 clutch arm(arm has the hole) put in the 200sx trans. and just use the threaded shaft with the half ball and jam nut. I like these as it has more adjustablility

the 200sx trans has a just a cup used in the clutch arm.

Just my opinion here in this one but that what Im running in 510. But 510 has the side input line and of coarse uses the threaded shaft

a 521 slave cylinder is different than the others(mostly cars). Like I said ealier the input hose come in from the front to clear the torsion bar.

I myself use the 521/510 fork arm and threaded shaft on the later 5 speeds

your shaft was either broke or thry cut it as it was too long or too short and adjusted for a wrong T/O bearing collar.

Just to let you know the 200sx did have a different clutch diaphram height. even dough it was the same 200mm pressure plate. Now if this is mixed up it will affect your throw at the clutch fork.

Now to make this simple I would use the T/O bearing and collar thats on the old 4 speed and the forr arm and the 521 slave with the threaded shaft.

key is when the other owner swapped trans Did he use the org 521 T/O bearing and collar or he used the 200sx T/O bearing and collar(thus cutting the shaft) to make it fit right and hopefully not wearing out the T/O bearing