Who has installed a 620 dash cap?

I've got the typical severly cracked 620 dash that I hate looking at. I may have found an expensive dash in super shape, but am afraid if I buy and install it...it will simply crack or peel in short order like the rest of them. :confused:

Who's installed a dash cap in a 620? :crying:

How hard was the install, trouble getting it straight? Did you have to remove the dash to install?

Durable? Does it scratch or crack as easy as the original?

It appears there might be two kinds available on Ebay, one a partial, and another full face?

Is one style or brand better than another for any reason? :w00t:

Would appreciate any feedback experience the realm may have. :thumbup:

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

ive never installed one but i did have the pleasure of removing one :D its just a thin plastic cap and its glued over whats existing. The glove box door did not close properly due to clearance issues with gap. the glove box door didn't not have a cap on it and looked odd. If you can find a good original than id go that route.

I installed a dash cap on my 620 last year and I'm happy with it. I removed the entire dash to do it, mainly because I also wanted to clean up and repaint the metal part that goes up against the windshield.

If you prepare the dash and cap properly you should get a good fit. I don't have any issues with the glovebox not closing. But it is true that the grain/color won't exactly match the glovebox door or ashtray. The instructions on the cap said it was paintable, so you could paint the whole thing to get a better match. I chose not to do that because I was afraid of scratches/peeling.

If you can find a clean one and have the cash, definitely go for that, but they seem to be pretty hard to find these days. And the few that I've seen for sale have gone for a few hundred.

As far as full or half versions, definitely go with the full as it will blend in better. The half basically covers the top and not much else and it's easier to see where it ends and the original dash begins.

The dash cap cost me under $100 including shipping.

Link: http://www.carpartsdiscount.com/auto/parts/75/nissan/620/dash.html?3594=1172

I have not installed a dash cover on my 620 but thought about it for a moment, but not much longer.

I'm not really into how nice it looks, so I really wasn't up for spending the money for the dash cover.

I filled the gaps and cracks of my dash pad with Shoe Goo (deep ones need to be filled a couple times)

then I used Kiwi black shoe polish over the whole dash pad. It cleaned up nicely, but won't win shows.

The main advantage is being able to clean off the dash with a wipe! Cheap, quick and looks better.

• 4 months later...