Lz22 pump gas question

budsaipan

So I've built a lz22 with a u67 head. So pretty much just a stock u67 head on a stock z22 (truck) bottom end. I haven't been able to run it yet since my truck is still in pieces. Now before I decide to put it in, can it run on pump gas (87/91 octane)? I'd like to hear straight from those that actually have an lz22.

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Sure -- 91 and 92 octane are the same. Just for atmospheric conditions in different markets. Eg they sell Premium 92 in one city, but Premium 91 in another. Your car will act the same with it in location (altitude, humidity, etc).

You can also run mid-octane 89, just adjust the timing to suit. You'll get more power with the premium however (if you adjust the timing correctly). More fuel economy too.

Your compression would be 9.84. I guess the motor is together otherwise get a metal burr or rotary file and chuck it in an electric drill and unshroud the valve area some more. Just 3cc removed will drop the compression to 9.4