datsun 620 4x4

bass

i have a 1974 620 converted 4x4 and im looking for info, i want to upgrade suspension and steering, and possibly rear end (it is currently a stock datsun rear) and im told a dana 30 front axle from a jeep. what suspension leafs n shocks or coil, axles (front and rear) and steering parts would work best, it already has gm front disc. also id like to ad lockers to front and rear or weld gears? what transfer case is it (id like to rebuild or clean up with new gaskets and such). can i just put dana 44 in rear and match the front gears? i want to make it a reliable street driver as well as respectable occasional wheeler. any info helps

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

On my 620 4x4 I am swapping out the front axle for a Dana 44 from a Jeep Wagoneer and the rear for a Dana 60 from a 60's Ford.

These things seem to have been built with different parts and the best bet is to figure out what suspension you want, leaf springs, coils or coilovers and then start measuring. There are no 'kits' as far as I have seen.