Stereo

Howdy there

I bought my 280z without a stereo. There's just wires where the stereo normally would be. I've never installed a stereo in a car before, is it easy? I'm wondering if it will be difficult to install a modern stereo into such an old car. I don't need amazing sound, just some music on longer drives would be nice. Any suggestions on where to start? Should I go and buy a random stereo from a pawn shop and hope the stock speakers still work? I'm pretty clueless here.

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think you'd be better off rewiring the speakers.

But for the power, Red is 12v when the car is on, yellow is accessory, well the rest is self explanatory.

What kind of stereo are you looking to get? You can get a stereo wiring diagram or manual online.

installing a stereo is easy for the deck the 2 gray wires and 2 white wires are the front chanels these go to the front speakers the 2 purple wires and 2 green wires are rear chanels red is switched power yellow is constant hot for the deck memory black is ground blue is power entenna/ amp power on to run an amp you run the blue wire from the deck to the amp rem terminal fused power direct from the battery to the 12v+ on the amp and ground goes to ground

• 2 weeks later...