wheel base

Siqx20

Is the wheel base between a kingcab and a long bed 620 the same? I the whole back half of mu frame is custom anyways so i was thinking about swapping a longbed onto my bagged k/c project. Bet uf the wheel base is differrnt then it wouldnt really be worth it. Causr i dont feel like stretching my links and frame out.

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

sweet thanks for the quick response. I got the idea cause my buddy drives a 88 gmc longbed crewcab on bags. it looked so good being that low and long. :) bed mounting wont be a issue since the back half of my frame is completely custom anyways so i have to make custom mounts. that and im doing a false bed so im just gonna raise the entire bed floor up to clear all my suspension. Im not a big fan of cutouts in the bed. looks funky IMO.

well i didn't want to wait for 620 mounts and this is way cheaper a little ghetto but it works lol

2011-08-06221337.jpg

2011-08-06221423.jpg

2011-08-06221438.jpg

bam spacer complete

2011-08-06221408.jpg

and a thanks to steve for letting me use his tool's

But to have a long bed wouldn't you have to go with single cab? Because the king can takes up the extra length so you'd probably have to stretch the frame to fit both a of and a long bed

think u might be right. yes the wheel base is the same but to have a kingcab longbed would push the rear wheel arches back further...damn... I dont really feel like stretching everything i have already done out...

Okay so to get a long bed onto my kingcab frame i would need to stretch the wheel base out some.

SO! what is the wheel base for a single cab short bed and a single cab long bed? I should be able to take out the differance and stretch the frame by that much to get needed wheel base to have a kingcab longbed. right?