510 wagon rear end with disk brake brackets - $150

Complete rear end from a 510 wagon with disk brake brackets.

This was from an abandond KA project from down in California.

Previous owner thinks the brackets were for willwood calipers. I can take measurements for you if you like.

I usually sell plain jane wagon rears for $150 so what a deal?!

Rear end spins freely but I've never driven it.

510_wagon_rear_w_disk_brake_brackets_6_.JPG

510_wagon_rear_w_disk_brake_brackets_7_.JPG

510_wagon_rear_w_disk_brake_brackets_2_.JPG

510_wagon_rear_w_disk_brake_brackets_1_.JPG

Give me a call.

This and many more parts available here:

http://datsun510.com/photopost/showgallery.php?cat=3132

425-275-7746

--carter

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

510 goon has a 49.6" tread width the 610 is 52.4" so a difference of just under 1 1/2" difference per side. Some of this may be the wheel offset. Narrower should fit better than wider....

The brackets replace the backing plate and normally there would also be a splash guard. Can't say just from looking what will fit. They do look similar to the early zx and Maxima ones. If he says Wilwood then likely for them.

Okay, there has been lots of interest in the brackets themselves. Two or three people want them plus I got a phone call today. Before we go any further, I want to make sure you know what you might be getting yourself into:

These are NOT custom brackets designed specifically for the 510 wagons. As far as I know, that product does not actually exist. I understand people have successfully used Aaron Suchy's disk brake brackets which are designed for sedans. He makes them for 200sx, maxima, and wilwood calipers. Anyway, these are not those. The PO of the car this axle came from thought they were set up for wilwood calipers but after removing one of the brackets, it is obvious this is a factory piece that has been modified. I don't know anyone making custom brackets that are formed like this, especially with the indents/marks these parts have

510_wagon_disk_brake_brackets_1_.JPG

Here is the end of the axle housing after the bracket was removed, you can see that it was being used as the bearing retainer. You can also see the rectangular bolt pattern for the axle. This one uses 8mm thru bolts. I believe there is another 510 axle, likely with a different hole spacing, that has threaded holes instead of thru-holes. Be aware that if anyone does offer disk brake brackets specifically for a 510 wagon, that they will fit YOUR axle because there are at least two different ones out there.

510_wagon_disk_brake_brackets_2_.JPG

Here you can see that this is a factory bracket that has been modified. The horizontal saw cut is a modification give-away. The forming tool marks are a factory give-away.

510_wagon_disk_brake_brackets_3_.JPG

Ditto oposite side

510_wagon_disk_brake_brackets_4_.JPG

The material thickness is just under 1/2" (or perhaps 12mm) and the offset for the ears is about the same.

510_wagon_disk_brake_brackets_5_.JPG

hole spacing for the calipers is 4.5"

Judging by the photos on another classified add here:

http://community.ratsun.net/topic/43652-rear-disc-brake-brackets/

I would have to say that these are maxima brackets modified to fit this wagon axle.

But they still could be some other nissan bracket that looks similar.

I have no idea if they space the caliper correctly for a maxima disk.

I have no idea if everything would fit together with the caliper on top of the axle.

I do know that if you would to try them out or use them as a basis for modification, you are welcome to make me an offer.

The same PO that I bought the car from that had these brackets in place, did successfully convert a different wagon to rear disks.

blanco_rear_blocks_01142012_5_.JPG

They can be seen here and in the surrounding photos:

http://datsun510.com/photopost/showphoto.php?photo=27458&title=blanco-rear-blocks-01142012-5-&cat=3421

So there you have it. All the info I have.

Axle and brackets still for sale for $150. Or I can part it out for your best offer.

--carter

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.