wtb l20b intake manifold, 520 dash, 6 bolt flywheel .....

doing a l20b swap with a long tail 5 speed in my 521 and am looking for intake manifold. flywheel

would also like a 520 metal dash cover. doesn't need to be perfect but decent is a plus

i am located north of seattle

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I have some L16 manifolds which you can match port.

youll need to cut the crank case vent tube and splice the L16 tube on there and use a L16 PCV rubber part to the lower part of manifold.Most L 20 tubes rout to the back then coem around then hook up differently then the L16 ones which I think are cleaner set up.

Hopefully you going to use a sqaure port head and keep the stock exhaust manifold.(their great)

I have a 620 225mm flywheel. But youll need to use a 620 T/O bearing and sleeve . As the 521 are different.

But if you can get a 200mm then u can use the 521 T/O bearing and collar.

I believe Spudly with the 510 4 door had one for sale awhile back and lives up north.

My L16 Intake and Flywheel are FREE long as you dont put Nascar wheels and 250PSI fuel pump , a wing ,a Jumbo Tach. a 12pound SUPER SUPER COIL on there on this 521 of yours, But OK to use a Bungy cord to hold the battery down.

Im in Covington 253 653 3690 txt

well i do have a small jumbo tach ;) hidden low on the steering column as it was free. i plan on running a mechanical fuel pump for the time being and will possibly update the truck to nascar status later. I do however have a stock battery hold down and prefer it to the quick change style hold downs.

plans are a basic swap using what i can from the l16 that is on the truck but have the motor and trans ready so all i have to do is swap the carb on bolt up what i can for the exhaust and make it as simple of a weekend as possible...

One thing to let you know the l20 truck flywheels are 225 mm . But they are Heavy.

Cars as like the 610,710and 200SX came with lighter 200mm flywheels.

Its up to you it you want them.

as for the trans part on 521s I dont know nothing about them using a long trans. one pc driveline? Carrier bearing?

I dont think its a weekend job on this.

Datzenmike would sure be the one to know or Datdoug(he knows trucks)

right now i have a 1 piece driveline and a long tail 2 piece short section with the carrier bearing. from the posts i have read you have to move the carrier bearing mount back an inch and pretty much make a new cross member mount for the long tail. i have a welder and decent experience with basic fabrication. I will likely end up using a factory long tail mount and either welding a bracket together to mount to the existing cross member or building a bolt in cross member. I have some time for research before i pull anything apart...

The Flywheels are OAD are the same. 200/225mm

a2lowvw/ggzilla

The guy that has the same 521 almost as yours is( hb_justice)

he writes:

My car hasnt lost power to the engine in a while. I have been driving with no lights on. Last night I turned them on and messed with the dash signal bulbs and got them both to light up when I have my lights on (use to be my left one lit dim only). I drove less than 5 minutes and I loss power to my engine again... I truly feel like something is going on with the dash wiring or wiring involving my headlights... Do you have any ideas? I am going crazy!

anybody up north that can help him contack him. lets keep this 521 also on the roads.

I would go but live in south end and work weekends right now

If you put the smaller flywheel in, do you have to fit a different starter? Or does the transmission have two different places for the starter?

All L flywheels are the same diameter. The size they are talking about is the clutch and PP diameters. There are 200,225 and 240mm. To use a 200mm clutch you would need a 200mm bolt pattern flywheel.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.