New to RATSUN and Datsun

Just wanted to say hello to everyone. I just recently aquired a 1979 Datsun, this truck and I go way back all the way to high school and its a good thing that she can not talk, way to many stories. My friend gave it to me she wants me to restore and start driving it again. It has been "parked" since 1989, I am sure that I will have some rust to deal with and obivious stuff too, brakes suspension get it running. I have looked over this site for the past couple days and did not really come across a lot of venders for after market parts. Besides ebay and craigslist who are the suppliers of body parts? Does anyone recommend one supplier over another? I am looking forward to picking up the truck later this summer and getting the project started. It is not everyday that you get reunited with an old friend and get a chance to regain your youth. Lastly, I am looking for a passenger door window. Let me know if anybody has one.

Roger

When I figure out how to post pictures I will get the only picture I have of her posted.

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If I did everything correctly, this should be the picture of my next project.

Dreamer2 I will let you know when I pick up the truck and we can discuss shipping and price.

Its always good to know there are parts available for these trucks. I will start looking in salvage yards for 620 and various other Datsun stuff. Does anyone know if anyone makes a crossflow head for the orginal motors?

Roger

Sorry that is the only picture I have of my new project. It has been female owned since 1985 and no cowl induction hood. Although, that is a very good idea for the new project and as she sends me more photos I will post them. I am expecting this project to take about 12 months and require total resurrection. But hey we are saving a vehicle from the scap heap and these make good daily drivers.

More to follow

Roger