New guy here

corytate

Hi all, I got my S30 (75 280z coupe) a few months ago, and am building it (to start with) for the Grassroots Motorsports Challenge.

When I bought it, it came with a metric ton of parts stuffed into it, plus what I believe is an early L24 (not sure which year it's from but looks like it has the flat tops) and a four speed.

Plans for the challenge are stripped + kirkey seats + 5 points + L24 for cheapness + lots of Rennsport-like orange paint.

The car's stripped right now, just waiting for to get the money to fix it up.

EVENTUAL plans would be a 3 rotor swap=]

The car will be minimally street legal, so I can drive it every once in a while, and will be seeing some track days for sure, maybe some autocrossing if I can find a class.

That said, I have a lot of interior parts I don't need, so if anyoen is looking for something weird like a mint condition spare tire cover, or black door skins, hit me up.

Without further ado, here be the pictures:

http://s1071.photobucket.com/albums/u507/corytylertate/

-cory

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

thankya, wasn't successful in posting them myself lol.

And yeah a little bit like lemons and chump car, still not 100% sure I'm gonna run it in that though. I feel like the car deserves a lot more money thrown at it than the $2012 budget will allow B)

I may end up just fixing the couple of minor rust holes, por 15ing the interior, going over the brakes and suspension to make sure I won't die, and rallycrossing it with the l24 for a while at least, just so I can drive my f'ing car finally. lol

http://community.ratsun.net/topic/691-how-to-post-pictures-and-keep-online-photo-albums/

That should help you with posting pictures. ^

The L24 has a lot more power than you'd expect, even without going through and replacing everything. It's what I have in my 260z at the moment.

Assuming the Z doesn't get destroyed at Grassroots, couldn't you just daily it after or something? Or is it like, they'll destroy your car for the lolz? :lol:

Lolz you say that...

My 260z has had no interior, floorboard rust holes included, and I rock it every day. Just loud.

Only thing that is super nice as interior goes, is new door panels. Almost completely silent in the Z now, minus the intake noise..

thank you all, and its not that the car would be destroyed after the grm challenge, its just that I'd be doing safety things for that, kind of cutting corners budget wise, for things that I'd rather do 100%. I feel like the car deserves better, and I'll just get something like a geo in the future to go ape with at the challenge B)

I think maybe what I'm saying is I just love the car too damn much to mistreat it like that

@Syncro email me at cory.tate@gmail.com if I don't get around to posting a for sale/trade on here soon.

All this stuff is just taking up space as the car will not be turned back to stock in my ownership, so I'm willing to let anything go for whatever is a fair price.

As for using it for a DD after the challenge, the kia is fine for DD duty, it's been very reliable for the 65k I've done on it so far, and it's damn comfortable lol.

L24 is ideal for higher speed stocker. Once jetted and tuned properly carbs are slapped on there ...its a very different engine( especially with triples lol )

Nice s30 and welcome to the club !

any reason an l28 with triple's on it wouldn't perform better?