Odd noise (around clutch?)

Laecaon

So got my car back together, just put 30 miles on her. Every time I accelerate there is this sound like a loose bolt banging around in a metal box. Seems like something is loose. No sound when cruising or engine braking. Almost seems proportional to how much throttle I am giving, but that doesnt make sense, so I am going to say with engine RPM. Happens in all gears as well.

I guess I should say, brand new clutch/throwout bearing/pilot bearing. Also, my motor and tranny didnt have the best of marriages, they are together, but there was a lot of resistance.

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...

That's the definition of pinging (predetonation).

I have heard pinging before, this is not that. Pinging sounds reformed compared to this. I should have said "bolts". I think DanielC is closer to the truth with exhaust being too close.

I have not fixed it. Thought I have a few times, but no. I have tried bending the exhaust anywhere it seems close.

According to my friend once (driving his car next to mine) it is ridiculously loud.

It is not coming out of the engine compartment, but from under the car.