project 720 ka-t

ratsunissan

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

i gotta pull the oil pan off to tap it for a turbo so i will throw up some pics of that but yes custom rear sump pan and pickup.

as far as the mounts go there a pain in the ass. i was told to run 1 240 mount and 1 720 mount. i couldnt get that to work so then i was told to just use my stock mounts and weld them to the frame i think thats what im going to do. my trans mount is in the mail so once that comes in i can see the angle there at and what im working with. i will post pics and keep you guys informed

ok so i bolted up my crossmember up today and no i dont have to modify my motor mounts at all. the angles are off by probably an 1/8 to a 1/4 inch on each side so im just going to take a measurement and throw a little shim under each mount. therefore the bolts obviously dont line up so im going to weld the mounts to the frame and the shims.

i had to cut my seat so that my shifter fits but no biggie

heres some pics that youve all been waiting for of the motor mount angles. but to answer your question..no fabrication was necessary. besides this custom trans mount but i was told you can just run a stock one. besides that you have to drill a hole in your motor mount brackets for the stock 720 mounts to sit flush. (little tabs on the mounts)

0929121955a.jpg

0929121955.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Where's the updates? Lol

I'm doing the same swap I just got a 95 240 complete motor wanting to drop into my 84' 720.. I'm not going boost though.. I wanted to knw what well I need? For this swap to be completed.. I have complete motor and trans.. I knw im going to need wiring harness what harness should I use and how about my ecu? I'm a noob trying to learn lol.. if u can help I really apprciate it

suspension: buy some new shocks and crank down the torsion bars. look under my posts some guy explained it well

fuel pump and filter not to sure..i bought a fuel cell and had a walbro 255 fp laying around but i dont think that will work with the fuel cell.

get a harness and ecu out of a 95.

use your stock motor mounts but your going to have to correct the angles of the mounts to frame. im still debating how i should go about this now. you can either a) cut and weld the motor mount brackets so your mounts sit flush. B) you can simply drop your motor in and shim underneath the mount and weld your mm to your frame or c) you can go the hard way and cut the mount on the frame bend it upward to fit your mm and shim the frame mount about 5 degrees

• 2 weeks later...