Home made fuel return line

68Datsun510

I have SUs currently, with the SSS fuel line. It doesnt have a return built into it. I want to bend up a 1/4" return line to match the SSS bends, but what about the restrictor present in Datsun return systems, do I need to restrict 1/4" brake line down further to prevent too much fuel from getting past the carbs? I was thinking something along these lines.

returnline.png

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

you need a fuel pressure regulator...I am guessing. I had to make a return line when I built my NAPS engine, the fuel pump it has uses a return line. Without something to keep pressure in the rail, the fuel will flow right back to the tank, the carbs need pressure to work.

wait for one of the SU gurus to respond, but I have never seen a return line without a way to regulate it.

I cut off a metal 'tee' from a 720 fuel supply....you can see it at the front of the engine.

Better to return un-used fuel back to the tank....always nice to get some fresh/cold fuel to burn :D

Temporary though...LZ will be pulled soon... will have a little more room to run the lines in the 510, P.S. and all.

P1010066-1.jpg