Maintenance Picture Thread

Seeing is believing, and understanding. I am requesting that this becomes a sticky thread for "Maintenance Picture Requests" only. Not your new wax job or rims and tyres but for helping others to fix their vehicles. I do have a Haynes manual but as far as pictures goes its really weak. I find I am asking for pictures of peoples wiring and hoses in their engine bays, and rear leaf/lowing block set ups, because things dont look right.

Currently I am trying to overhaul my heater blower case with new foam, cleaning out the heater core and fixing the "ones-speed" fan. I have traced the fan speed down to this resistor being disconnected or rather falling apart. Now can someone supply me with a picture of their resistor? All I can find is the 300zx on Google and its different. I have the resistor, a metal washer, a plastic washer, and two metal tabs (they were together then broke apart) and a plastic screw that is broken on the end.

7075219377_214ee6eb7d.jpg

6929141616_e08dc6a7be.jpg

To show my support for such a thread I have had several requests about Kiiros roof rack. I do give all props to DatDoug for building it, maybe he has plans. But in the mean time I have snapped some pictures to help you get the idea for building your own.

6929141430_8a5945ba30_c.jpg

Uh Datsun 038 by NickedKnuckles, on Flickr

6929141320_aa072483ff_c.jpg

Uh Datsun 037 by NickedKnuckles, on Flickr

7075218577_a6339f0d75_c.jpg

Uh Datsun 035 by NickedKnuckles, on Flickr

7075218455_e78d7f42bf_c.jpg

Uh Datsun 034 by NickedKnuckles, on Flickr

7075218325_33a2652061_c.jpg

Uh Datsun 033 by NickedKnuckles, on Flickr

6929140338_1de5b2de5b_c.jpg

Uh Datsun 030 by NickedKnuckles, on Flickr

7075217507_afd8529450_c.jpg

Uh Datsun 029 by NickedKnuckles, on Flickr

7075217311_982028b797_c.jpg

Uh Datsun 028 by NickedKnuckles, on Flickr

So to reiterate, this is a picture request thread, try to keep the talking to a minimum. If done right this can be a very successful thread. I am also going to snap some photos of the heater core support and blower motor.

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

What we need is less stickys. If we don't stop every forum will have the first 2 pages of just stickys. No one will look through them just like no one uses the FAQ or the search unless told to. Most of the maintainance pictures are in people's project or build threads.

Well you got me, I was searching blower motor rather then resistor, a picture did come up of an assembled one (that you posted) :blush: I still think a photo only thread would be handy, it has before on my other forum. If you think otherwise I'll let you close this thread and ill just email the pictures to the ppl that wanted them.