I dont think I ever properly introduced myself.

But I've been lurkin the forums for a while.

My name's Levi. I've had my '82 210 wagon for about 2 years now, and I'm pretty stoked to be throwing everything I own in it and driving it to Oregon this summer. Glad to see there are more Datsuns out west, too.

Anyways... Here's my wagon shortly after I got it: (excuse the quality, all I had was expired film that summer)

newdatsun.jpg

Here's the wagon as of a few weeks ago:

datsun.jpg

I decided to take the bumper off today (after much, much contemplation), and I plan on raiding every junkyard within 50 miles of here in the next few days for a new front clip. So I'll have some oics up as soon as I can get my hands on a decent camera, or some film developed.

• Like 1
  • Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks guys. I'll be moving to Eugene/Springfield or somewhere in that area.

The roof rack slides right into the gutter and is held on by some conduit straps. I'm planning on making a few more out of different types of wood. This one is sassafras, but I've got some black walnut, cedar, and some maple to use as well.

After a little searching around wrecking yards, I've found that the only place fairly close by that might have a new front clip is in Atlanta. I don't feel like making the drive. But I did take my front bumper off and straighten everything out a little. I'll be going up to northern Arkansas here in a week or so, and word has it there's a yard in southern Missouri that may have a new front clip for me. Also if anyone has any requests for parts to be on the lookout for, let me know. I'll keep an eye out.

100_3071.JPG

The rear is in decent shape, at least.

100_3072.JPG

Didn't mean to turn this into a project topic. haha I'll start a real project topic once I get to working on it more.

Dont worry about an intro becoming a project thread... it happens to a lot of people on here. We just like pictures, so keep em coming. I see a Backcountry sticker... you do any backpacking?

I do a little, here and there. Not many places to explore around here though. That'll change here in about 4 months though.

I got started on taking the front clip off this evening to make room for straightening out the core support. Found a couple pounds of pine needles and dirt that had accumulated up under the cowl. I guess someone parked it under a tree for a while. Here she is, half naked in the back yard.

524402_3810068930477_1240106133_4635735_1058951322_n.jpg